Open day for students
Students of the RUG and the Hanze University get free admission SATURDAY 19th of October 2019 on presentation of a valid student card!
Other visitors are also welcome but do have to pay the regular entrance fee.
Friends of the Hortus with a valid membership card pay an entrance fee of € 2.00 on this day.
SPREAD ~THE~ WORD !
Activities Open Day
- Guided Tours – Tours start at 11:00 am and at 2 pm. Starting location: In front of the entrance to the Chinese Garden.
- Demonstrations – Katana van Tang Soo Do (Korean karate), Haedong Kumdo (Korean sword craft). Location: Berkenplein (Birch square)
- Beehives – Our beekeepers give demonstrations and information throughout the day.
- Workshop – Landscape painting by Josien Choy, maximum 15 students per workshop; cost 5 euro p.p., 11 am – 1 pm and 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm upstairs in the Chinese Teahouse “Cry of the Dragon”. Preregistration is possible via email@example.com.
- Photography competition – Who will take the best selfie in the gardens of the Hortus? You can send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music – The Swingalicious Jazz trio (guitar, saxophone, contrabass) from the Prins Claus conservatory will perform twice, from 12-12:45 pm and 2-2:45 pm in the Grand Café De Plantage
- Lecture on the origins of the Hortus Haren by Ernst Flentge at 2 pm in the Thousand Flowers Pavilion (Duizend bloemen paviljoen) in the Chinese Garden.
- Foodtruck BUGZZ: An insect taste sensation. A variety of snacks made from diverse insects will be available for purchase – www.bugzz.nl
For the latest news, check this website.
Public transport: bus line 51 stops twice an hour in front of the Hortus!
To the complete agenda
To the annual calendar